At GLOW (www.WeAreGLOW.com), we work hard. We work smart. But more importantly,
we balance work with life in a most productive and inspired way. As a team of strategic,
tactical, and creative thinkers, GLOW is dedicated to making global brands shine even
brighter through innovative, digital-first communication platforms. We’ve been doing it for
20+ years and have partnered with blue chip clients like HBO, Showtime, YouTube, TBS, and
the NBA, to name a few. Our team is packed with award-winning designers, writers, motion
artists, and editors who treat every assignment as their personal passion project. From the
entertainment industry to social media to health and wellness—we consistently push the
limits of what’s possible for our clients. And our people. Take a look (WeAreGLOW.com) and
see if GLOW works for you
GLOW seeks an Associate Director, Account Services to work directly with high-profile
clients who are considered among the best in digital and social media by – Brands /
Entertainment / TV / Film / Streaming / Music. The right person for this position has a
passion for the digital/social space, is knowledgeable, hard-working, and shares our work
ethic and attention to detail. Currently, everyone at GLOW is working remotely and we are
encouraging staff who want to work remotely to do so indefinitely. If vibrant culture, diverse
clients, and endless opportunities to innovate are what you’re looking for, you’ve come to
the right place.
- 5-7 years of agency experience
- Prior experience working in digital or social media is required
- Experience working with entertainment clients is a huge plus for this role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Advertising, Liberal Arts, or related field of study
- Build and maintain strong client relationships and have a deep understanding of
their core business, goals, challenges, and needs.
- Lead and manage junior Account team members on active projects with clients
end-to-end including setting expectations, feedback, scopes, and timelines.
- Provide strategic leadership to ensure that final project deliverables meet or exceed client expectations.
- Effectively lead client meetings and pitches without oversight.
- Proactively identify new business opportunities; develop project briefs and budgets.
- Develop client proposals alongside strategy and creative teams to outline GLOW’s key selling points & service offerings.
- Lead the development of sales agreements and scopes of work.
- Monitor the financial health of assigned accounts and work to improve profitability, as needed.
- Possess a keen understanding of what a project entails and can keep a broader focus on how our efforts ladder to the overarching client goals.
- Directly manage assigned junior team members and support the development of the department.
- Provide strategies to address client needs, manage expectations, and resolve issues
in a timely fashion.
- Active participant in brainstorming, strategy, creative, and planning sessions.
- Work with strategy and creative teams to lead the development and strategic distribution of GLOW marketing materials.
- Take on initiatives to improve the external presence and recognition of GLOW in the digital/social advertising industry
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ability to anticipate needs and works well under pressure
- Communicates clearly, leads conversations, and functions well in a team environment
- A highly organized, detail-oriented multitasker
- Can communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Considers themselves a curious marketer. Genuine enthusiasm about pop culture, entertainment, and social media and an understanding of what other brands are doing in the space
- Keen writing skills. Ability to articulate a vision, a POV, and a brand in the written word
- Gives and receives constructive feedback
- Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with colleagues
- Champions ideas, application recommendations, and team involvement
- A strong leader that works well with others, both with direct reports and cross-departments
- Understands project management processes and can guide junior Account team and Project Management team in maintaining and improving the organization and delivery of client needs.