At GLOW, we work hard. We work smart. But more importantly, we balance work with life in a most productive and inspired way. As a team of strategic, tactical and creative thinkers, GLOW is dedicated to making global brands shine even brighter through innovative, digital-first communication platforms. We’ve been doing it for 20+ years and have partnered with blue chip clients like WarnerMedia, HBO, Spotify, OnePlus and Showtime, to name a few. Our team is packed with award-winning designers, writers, motion artists and editors who treat every assignment as their personal passion project. From the entertainment industry to health and wellness—we consistently push the limits of what’s possible for our clients. And our people. Take a look (WeAreGLOW.com) and see if GLOW works for you.
As an Motion Designer at GLOW you’ll conceive, develop, and produce works in video and real-time animation that are forward-thinking, inspired by and driving trends, and show a deep appreciation for design as a craft. You’ll drive and work hands-on to develop captivating design that elevates composition, form, typography, motion, and interactivity. You’ll bring a passion for motion design tools and design principles to the team.
You should possess a strong understanding of digital platforms and design for cutting-edge experiences across web, products, and social – particularly in the entertainment space. Your passion for motion leads you to exploring modern principles including spatial creativity leveraging 3D tools, kinetic typography, realtime or procedural and code-driven graphics, and similar bleeding-edge motion design. You’re attentive to details, and well-versed in visual design systems, layouts, typography, and can speak to a range of design inspiration.
- Direct, define, and design creative executions
- Lead and contribute to a range of projects from fast-paced daily deliverables to large tent-pole campaigns and strategies
- Inspire, mentor, and direct a team of designers, producers, and writers
- Craft presentations and campaigns that shatter expectations
- Define and evolve standards for design and creative production
- Own and communicate a creative POV that sets a high bar
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably from a design school), or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of motion design experience, some within an agency or in-house, developing breakthrough design and brand campaigns, or managing your own clients
- In-depth Entertainment/TV/Film experience
- Passion for working with client leaders and presenting creative in an engaging way
- Ability to collaborate with multiple teams internally and externally to drive great design
- Strong knowledge of and capacity to design for motion
- Experience working with writers, strategists, technologists, and producers
- Broad understanding of relevant motion design tools including, at the center, After Effects.
- Intimate knowledge of creative standards across modern platforms and technologies
- Extra Superpowers: creative coding applied to design (processing, etc.), strong hands-on experience with advanced 3D design, or innovative formats like AR, VR, and/or AI-enabled creativity.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K: up to 4% match, eligibility at 1st of the month following start
- Other Accessible Benefits: EAP, Commuter, Adoption Assistance, FSA, Short and Long Term Disability, Life & ADD
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (Must take 2 week minimum)
- 10 Holidays
- Closed Christmas Week
- Paid Parental Leave
- Hybrid office/WFH flexibility
- WFH Office Supply Reimbursements
- Mental Health Days
- Half Day Summer Fridays
- Training & Wellness Reimbursements